Saturday, April 9, 2011

Holy Adventure - Day 28

Today marks the completion of 4 weeks on this Holy Adventure: 41 Days of Audacious Living. We have just two weeks left to go before Easter. So, I guess that means we are 2/3 the way through. How are you finding the daily readings and prayers and exercises? Are they opening your mind and your imagination? Are they inspiring your thoughts and wonderings about your life and how you might grow in faith and love and let that show more and more in your daily living? Have you made any new commitments or done any experiments?

With just two weeks until Easter, are there things you’d like to do yet during Lent? Now would be a good time to go back and look at your journal writings, or, if you have not been keeping a journal, now would be a great time to begin. Sometimes as we write down our thoughts they become more real and either seem to be very important, or maybe seem like what we felt was a “big deal” maybe isn’t after all.

This week we have been thinking about how all of creation rises in praise to God. Recently my family and I went to the Grand Canyon. That is a place that no matter how many times I go there, it still leaves me speechless in its beauty and wonder. It has such an ancient feel to it and the spirit of the place seems to call if you listen. As I look out on the great expanse and the beauty, I song and a prayer naturally wells up within me and I can easily hear the words of the Psalmist, “Let everything that breathes praise the Lord!” (Ps.150:2)

No comments:

Post a Comment