Thursday, March 17, 2011

Holy Adventure - Day 5

In worship several weeks ago we engaged in “breath prayer”. As we breathed in we thought to ourselves something like, “Come, Holy Spirit” and as we exhaled we thought something like “Mold me, make me”. In our reading for today, we are introduced to a breath prayer - “Breathing in, I calm my body. Breathing out, I smile. Dwelling in the present moment, I know this is a wonderful moment!” Can you think of some other breath prayers that might be helpful along this Holy Adventure?

Breathing in, I inhale God’s creative energy

Breathing out, I release all my fear

Breathing in, I inhale love

Breathing out, I exhale resentments and grudges

Breathing in, I inhale new possibilities

Breathing out, I exhale the places I am stuck

You could write your ideas in your journal, or share them in response to this. Being able to see yourself taking in the positive and releasing the negative is a wonderful way to cooperate with God who is working to transform you that you may be a blessing to yourself, your loved ones, and the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment